31.3.11

Miscellaneous Tidbits5771-JG26






More images of Tel Aviv, the second one is Kikar-Ha Medina Circle, it is where all my favorite shopping jaunts are at!!!(pic courtesy of Getty Images)

Thanks to all my readers those who encourage me, and those who tell me critical comments that are well taken to make this blog better. Also If I repeat myself about certain friends, characters and the occasional nemesis bear with me. Thus by repeating-  it gives my new readers that join my blog everyday ,a chance to get up to date about who I am commenting about.
And I am still writing this post from an undisclosed location(smiles)!!!


Here go my Tidbits:


 I want to thank my Beverly Hills neighbor and famous Hollywood Director, Brett Ratner for sending me an advance copy of the latest Woody Allen film "Midnight in Paris" it was not bad, not great but it passes the mustard.//the actors are: Rachel McAdam, Owen Wilson, Carla Bruni, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates e Adrien Brody/ and just by the name you will not be surprised that it was totally filmed in Paris. I will include a short clip of it!!!






 

Since I mentioned Rodeo Drive, here are my top favorite shopping streets in Europe, not necessarily in the order of importance:


The Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré is a street in Paris, France. Although relatively narrow and nondescript (especially in comparison to the Champs-Élysées), it is cited as being one of the most fashionable streets in the world thanks to the presence of virtually every major global fashion house. Like nearby Avenue Montaigne, the street is consistently dedicated, throughout its length, to high-fashion stores and other exclusive establishments. And if you are in the know how, you would stay at L'Hôtel Le Bristol..
right on the Rue!!!!




VIA MONTENAPOLEONE(Milano) Via Monte Napoleone, also spelt as Via Montenapoleone, and nicknamed 'Montenapo' by the Milanese, is an elegant and expensive street in Milan, Italy- and those that know would stay at the Four Seasons(Via Gesu) in front of Brioni(jackets and suits for the Mafia and of course for JG too) and is right around the corner from Montenapo!!!for me is the best street in the world!!!




Bond Street is a major shopping street in central London which runs through Mayfair from Piccadilly in the south to Oxford Street in the north. It is one of the principal streets in the West End shopping district and is more upmarket than nearby Regent Street and Oxford Street.. Technically "Bond Street" does not exist: The southern section is known as Old Bond Street, and the northern section, which is rather more than half the total length, is known as New Bond Street. This distinction, however, is not generally made in everyday usage.. and if y0u know, you would stay at Claridges, around the corner from Bond Street.



Via Condotti (officially Via dei Condotti) is a busy and fashionable street of Rome, Italy.[1] In Roman times it was one of the streets that crossed the ancient Via Flaminia and enabled people who transversed the Tiber to reach the Pincio hill. It begins at the foot of the Spanish steps and is named after conduits or channels which carried water to the Baths of Agrippa. Today, it is the street which contains the greatest number of Rome-based Italian fashion retailers, equivalent to Milan's Via Montenapoleone, Paris' Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, Florence's Via de' Tornabuoni or London's Bond Street. And if you are anybody you would stay at the Hassler.






Even by Geneva's affluent standards, Rue du Rhone (RhÃ$)(4$)ne is sérieusement rich. A compact Fifth Avenue, this Swiss strip (and its environs) is dotted with designer boutiques and powerhouse financial institutions like UBS, which explains the ticker of suits on the sidewalk. Here's where they spend till they bend. And the places to stay would be ...The Mandarin Oriental(formerly Hotel du Rhone) and of course Prince Al Waleed's Four Seasons Hotel!!!




Five ways to distinguish yourself from the rest, there are more but here are a few:

  1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
  2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
  3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women(and not the bodyguards), I carry their coat, I make sure that they're walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
  4. Don't be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
  5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.




Eerie, I did not want to write about this but I had to, recently I had a person I met at a private airport,tell me that she trained horses for someone rich.  I immediately thought of Athina Onassis and her husband Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda Neto(Doda), and that was the case. I have a connection with her late grandfather, Aristotle Onassis, having acquired in the past from the Latsis family, the Villa in (Glyfada)-Athens that was once owned by Mr Onassis, since then at my mother's advice we sold it... For as the famous blue blood family, The Kennedys, The Onassis too are cursed., here is the latest:

Even the least superstitious of Onassis watchers will find it difficult to ignore those who speak of an "Onassis Curse" as news from Brazil comes to confirm another tragic death of someone associated with the Onassis family. This time it was the sad news that Cibele Dorsa,36, model,actress,singer and authoress-- whom Olympic equestrian Doda Miranda abandoned to marry multi-millionaire heiress Athina Onassis--has committed suicide in Sao Paulo by jumping out the window of her seventh floor flat in the Real Parque neighbourhood. And it seems Athina like her mother Cristina, has picked men who marry them for their fortune!!!!



My Parting Shots:




Prada’s Net Profits for 2010 Up a Record 150 Percent
And this, before the flatforms and banana skirts hit stores....so nice, give me more!!!




And while on the of the subject of give me more,,,Demi Moore in her heyday as an actresses was
known as "give me Moore" for she always asked for more money, perks and more perks, she was never satisfied!!!!



Talento, charme e simpatia provam que beleza não é tudo-Talent, Charm and niceness, or as the Americans would say, being simpatica, prove that beauty is not all.





Mouna Ayoub was an impoverished Lebanese student and waitress when she met her husband in Paris in 1976.(pic courtesy of life magazine)



Recently I received the  100th anniversary edition of Womens’ Wear Daily! Oversized and resplendent with a cover crammed full of familiar faces from the last century in fashion, I delighted in reading this tome.







Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing is a 1955 American drama-romance film. Set in 1949-50 Hong Kong, it tells the story of a married, but separated, American reporter (played by William Holden), who falls in love with a Eurasian doctor originally from China (played by Jennifer Jones), only to encounter prejudice from her family and from Hong Kong society.
I love this film ,,I could watch it forever!!!! William Holden was magnificent!!!






Those who know me are aware that I detest Tatoos- more so on  on a gorgeous woman, is like spraying graffiti on a Rembrandt painting. And Take note all you lovebirds! Don't ever make the mistake of tattooing anything on your body that links you to another person---besides maybe your mom--b/c you never know...I have seen many a girl scrambling and not knowing what to do when they leave or are left by BF or husband.





In one of my favorite movies, Rita Hayworth stated before kissing Humphrey Bogart " I am going to show you what yum yum means...here is yum and here is yum ..and this is yum yum. And wow it was quite
a kiss!!!!





Photo Credit: Pacific Coast News
I rest my case about Dr Brandt comment about gravity at 30 years old!!!!!Sem Comentarios!!!




This actually happened, I was sent this yesterday.
..mr. boss said, "when i first met her several years ago, she said life is miserable. Now i understand why. Because she is miserable." ...that's correct...i believe what you sent to the mysterious universe is what you get back from the mysterious universe...not sure what happened to the poor girl...she becomes worse and worse...G-d bless her...






"casse toi pauvre con"
This won't tell you much if you're not French, but this phrase (which means something like "hit the road, you jerk!") has now become so famous that they even make graffiti out of it


A little food (smiles)....








They say the year of the Rabbitt is for good luck?



This thought came to my mind about the manners I mentioned. In Mexico in the old days, when it was safe. If you were walking your girlfriend and she was walking on the outside, and you in the inside, people would yell, "la estas vendiendo" you are selling her" meaning is not polite to have your gf, woman friend or  wife on the outside of the street(pavement)...and I totally agree. Where have all good manners gone????




A little more food(smiles) one of my favorites!!!








If you figure this out, it should be easy. What face goes in this bob haircut?, you get a little gold star,like my niece Tiffany used to get. if you can answer!!!! and by the way Tiffany got the answer, quite easily!!!


“Mad Men,” the three-time Emmy Award-winning drama, will not return to television until sometime early next year, AMC confirmed on Tuesday, because of a deepening dispute with the show’s creator, Matthew Weiner. Should I ask for my money back?  I win the auction to appear and now ,no show(smiles)..stay tuned!!! but Get It Together, Execs ..and yes, I am dissapointed as I wanted to see how I would look next to one of my all time favorites, Don Draper!!!!




It has been awhile since I quoted , Mr Jed Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillies fame, so here it is
"You'all come back now, hear" sit a spell"
till the next one.do  come back and I am always trying to entertain you, amuse you and enlighten you " JG loves  life, it is Fabulous, any better would be a sin"


I LOVE YOU JAPAN. YOU WILL COME BACK. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL THOSE WHO LOST LOVED ONES AND ARE CONTINUING TO STRUGGLE. DONATE.DONATE DONATE!!!!!!



Posted at an undisclosed location at an undisclosed hour,,on an undisclosed date(smiles)





g-d - אלוהים
YHWH is the only proper "name of Gd" in the Tanakh

The native name of Israel is Yisra'el

I am ...Israel is Israel...this blog is the truth as the world and life is........


Copyright5771..all rights reserved to GoldsteinBJoseph!!!!
PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT.